Monday, August 22, 2011

75 hour work weeks

Since having moved to Pittsburgh, life has been hectic. Unfortunately I drained my savings traveling and have had to really work my ass off to get out from under that debt. I have been sending out application after application in hopes of securing a full time job in the near future. This job market feels impossible. Im either too qualified for a job or under qualified. Having only a masters in Psychology and getting a job feels impossible right now. But I still keep filling out those damn applications...i'm starting to see them in my sleep!

I was able to go back to Turtle Creek and work with the Summer Treatment Program that I worked with 2 years ago. It was an entirely different experience than it was 2 years ago but still very worthwhile.

The rest of the time (when i'm not job hunting), I've been babysitting for 5 other families night and day. Overnights with 1 month olds, late night with a strippers children, day time with a working mom and weekends for parents trying to catch a minute to themselves.

Literally some of these weeks have been 75 hour weeks. Insanity.

Im in the process of working my ass off, re-learning how to live on my own and pay my bills, and figuring out what's next for me.

When I know, you'll know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment