Monday, July 12, 2010

Nature Therapy...and some other things


so for awhile there being home and not having real job was killing me, but now I am thoroughly enjoying it. I babysit liek 15 hours a week and do TSS 6 hours a week and everything beyond that is me time. Im working on a few paid art projects...getting some camping in...and ive gotten really into biking, especially on the asbury trails. Im having a great time this summer and am thankful for being out of work!

On a crappy note, i just was informed for my trip that I have to find a place to store my car because my parents dont want it sitting in their driveway. So there goes like 600$. I did save some tho because a friend was able to give me a backpack that is kick ass so I dont have to buy that anymore.Other good news-- I found a few people who seem legitimately serious about coming down to central america to visit sometime in the new year and I am pumped about that! Im lookin at staying into at least February now even though Whitney is coming home in early December. Im a little nervous though because Christmas without my family will be weird..and sad. Hopefully ill have friends at that point to make it not so lonely.

Its been awhile since Ive posted because my computer took a shit. After 6+ years of good, solid bonding, my little toshiba is no longer able to turn on. Bummer. Now Im in the market for a new computer (cuz god knows ill be BROKE coming home from the trip) and i am sooo confused as to what brand/model to get. I know nothing about computers. Im hoping at some point here someone will land in my lap with instructions on what computer to get. Ughh.

Ive also been working at getting things together for graduate applications. Im officially applying to 2 schools before I leave. They are both incredible, top ranked programs so I am assuming I will not get accepted...which means I need to start thinking about the next step. So many options and so many decisions. Im not sure if thats a good or bad thing?

But at this point life is still as good as ever. Im knocking a few things off my summer bucket list and that is fabulous. I have been spending a LOT of time outdoors and Im loving it. Nature Therapy is def a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment