Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crashing Elviss Lime Green Scooter

I just slept in a hammock for two nights at a Hostel in Puerto Viejo and it was surprisingly fantastic. Now on to other highlights from the weekend... We drank a lot and spent some time playing in the Caribbean. However my favorite part by far was crashing a lime green scooter, property of Elvis.

One night at a bar there was a guy checking out my friend for the duration of the night...however when I told her this, she didnt believe me. That was until the next night when he straight up oogled her and then said, I was checking you out all last night. Turns out his name is Elvis.

He was pulling out all the tricks to get us to get on his lime green scooter so he could drive us home from the bar. My friend refused thinking it was far too dangerous. Now, the entire time I have been in Central America I have been saying I want to rent-drive-ride a scooter and so far, it hasnt happened. So imagine my sheer joy standing there in front of my dream! So I said She wont get on it if you drive, but if I drive she will. Easy as that!! Two seconds later he was giving me directions for how to maneuver this thing (it consisted of gas, break, see ya!) and I was flying down the road yelling THIS IS AWESOME!!! My friend was yelling with her legs wrapped around me, SLOW DOWN! I didnt. But what I did do was try to turn around and ramp the green scooter up over the side of the road and into the bushes. Then I stood yelling HELP ME! PICK IT UP! As we tried to get it out of the bushes before Elvis, who was walking behind us, could see it. It didnt work.

Luckily he wasnt mad and instead just told me that no, this lime green scooter does NOT have a reverse button...then he showed me how to turn it around....something he probably should have added to the list of instructions BEFORE I hopped on that bad boy with my friend on the back and went hauling ass up the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment