Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Calling

The main factor that separates me from my friends here is the opportunities I was given as a first world citizen, and I believe it is my responsibility to work so that these opportunities are available to all.


I am waiting to hear from UW to know if I got into graduate school and I will know by April first. I understand that applying to just one school was risky on my end...so I am in the market for a backup plan.

After Costa Rica a friend suggested we teach English abroad after getting TEFL certified. The idea sounded cool..but I wasnt completely sold. When I was studying spanish in San Pedro a few weeks ago, I spent an hour after class teaching English to my Spanish teachers. It was one of the highlights of my experience in San Pedro. So now while I am in limbo between traveling and going home to either go to school or get a job, I find myself entertaining the idea of moving abroad for a year and teaching English. I dont doubt that id be good at it...

Hm, lets see where this road takes me. Stay in guatemala? Somewhere new like Puerto Rico? Or maybe back to my first love, Turkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment