Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adios Central America, Hello Nation's Capital!

After an interesting week in Honduras before I left, I bopped back over to Guate City to say goodbye to Dennis and his family. They were so kind as to host me in their house for 3 weeks. Not knowing when, if ever, I'll be back, I was glad I got to say goodbye.

I flew out of Guate City and into Washington, D.C. to celebrate my high school friend Allison's bachelorette party. Thursday night my favorite rooommate Jihane picked me up at the airport and gave me the VIP treatment. I slept in an amazingly comfortable bed for the first time in months, ate delicious food prepared by chef Jihane herself and had a hot, clean shower. That, and I got to catch up with a friend I hadn't seen in years. Ahh, how enjoyable.

Friday Allison's sister and the MOH, Sarah, picked me up from the Subway and the party began! All the other girls arrived Friday night and we piled on the couch and sang Disney Classics. (This is starting to be a recurring theme in my life..?!) Saturday we went to a food/wine festival at the National Harbor. We each sampled like 10000 wines and when we were sufficiently tipsy we hauled ourselves back to the SWANKY ASS hotel room that the MOH scored. Nicest hotel room i've seen in all of my 25 years...seriously. We stuffed our faces with delicious American appetizers and then headed out to the bar. This is when it got interesting...(not that eating weenie gummies and rapping to TLC Waterfalls is not interesting.)

We went to this bar with live music and danced around like idiots while sucking down some fiercely strong rum and cokes. But when we all wanted to really DANCE that took us in another direction. Outside the bar we see this huge hotel and the top floor is glowing with what could be nothing other than club lights! We somehow recruited some guy to take us there because it was a "guests only" club...so ONE dude and TWELVE finely dressed ladies go strolling up to the top floor where we find it, the club! The night culminates in a dance off, a man "making it rain" with crinkled dollar bills and an overdose of Jersey Turn-piking out of the least likely candidate. I ended the night walking home in my socks. I'd say it was a success.

Now in all seriousness, Allison is getting married. This is the first wedding of my close friends and the first wedding I've ever been in. I still feel like I'm 15 years old...how can my friends be getting married!?

No comments:

Post a Comment