Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flat tire, split pants and dropped phone.

Yesterday when I was driving to work, I ran through one of many notorious Pittsburgh Pot Holes and blew a tire. :/ I then proceeded to change the tire, alone, in the rain. After taking the car to get a new tire and signing a $220 bill for ONE tire, I now understand the finesse needed to drive in this city and NOT have this happen again.

Needless to say I will be much more grandmotherly in my bobbing and weaving through traffic from this point on.

On that not, what I will NOT be more grandmotherly about is the intensity in my complaint about the fact that apparently the size tire that my Mazda 3 uses, no other car uses?? Which is why it is ridiculously expensive. I've always loved my little blue zoom zoom but suddenly I'm asking myself...WHY!?

It didn't help that this very same day I split a hole in the crotch of my pants when squatting down to pick up an infant...the saddest part being there was no one there to laugh at me!

I also dropped my new phone on the cement (thankfully I invested in one of those frou-frou phone covers which performed magnificently!

OH and for those of you that were present during the bachelorette cooler spill, I have news. After sopping up the water out of my trunk with hotel towels (which are now mine!) I thought it was resolved. However, when changing my tire I also discovered that there was about 4 to 5 inches of water INSIDE the spare tire compartment itself. Andddd the fabric thingy underneath the tire was sopping wet with cooler water...as it had been for ummmm 4 weeks now? Gross. Maybe THATS why it smelled :/

No comments:

Post a Comment