Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pumpkin Hunting


As some of you know, one of my favorite flavors is pumpkin. Ever since I discovered the Pumpkin Spice Latte on the menu a few years back at Starbucks, I've relished the fall season and the pumpkin flavored treats that come along with it (As if Fall wasn't already my favorite season!!). SO, this year I have a mission.

I am going to find the BEST Pumpkin Beer around. Im looking for Pumpkin Pie in a bottle...and thats what I will find!

So far:
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale-- Tastes more like your standard Fall Ale than pumpkin. Not it.

Shocktop Pumpkin Wheat-- Tastes like more of a cinnamon spice beer. Not bad, but not it.

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale
--Thicker, rich pumpkin flavor! Like it!

Saranac Pumpkin Ale
-- Another "fall ale" flavor...not enough pumpkin!

And the search continues...

1 comment: