Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Known Unknowns... ;)

So a New Years goal of mine (stolen from Leah Christy herself) was to read a book a month. It dawned on me today that I didn't actually FINISH my Feb. book. I read four in Jan and I started three in Feb but didn't finish any. I have this problem where I like to have at least two books going at all times. Some nights I lay down and don't feel like reading the book I read the night before so it helps to have a few going. Right now I am working on two more educational books. One is "Do Children Need Religion" and the other is "It's A Wonderful Lie" to book I referred to early in the blog.

So the one book about religion, it talks a lot about how religion is just created as a way to assign purpose to our being here. It also talks about how when explaining religion to yourself, and in the end to your children, you sometimes have to accept that there are some questions that you just have to accept that there is no answer. Some things you will never know the answer to and you are not meant to...like where you go when you die or what the meaning of life is. You have to just design your own answers and live in accordance with those beliefs.

While on that topic...today is someone's birthday that was at one time, very very special to me. I'm wondering, do you ever forget days like that? And do other people that were once so intertwined in your life you don't know where they start and you end...do they think about you on your birthday or other special days, even for a second? I guess that's something I'll have to accept maybe never knowing the answer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment