Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weddings, Monsoons and Ninja Turtles

Im officially on summer vacation and it is glorious. I came back from cali, had 3 days of "work" which really ended up being 2 days of reading magazines and doing my co-workers hair...and then freedom! Sat was my friends Andy/Amanda's wedding which is insane because we hung out in high school and while a few others are engaged, they are the first to get married. I still feel 17 and far too young/immature to even see a ring on one of our fingers! Haha. The wedding reception was so much fun and even though I was awkwardly placed in the middle, literally, of my two good friends who had a tumultuous dating record for the better part of college and recently separated on bad terms...it still was a blast. I'm proud of them both for being able to handle the situation so well. It could have been a TERRIBLY awkward night but turned out to be awesome! We were all fucked up when we left the place and I got a new centerpiece fish out of the experience. His name is Leopold and I still haven't bought fish food for him so Leopold may die this week. Afterwards we went down to the bars, apparently..don't quote me on that. Andy left his debit card. I woke up not knowing how I got a boutonniere off some dude from the wedding parties jacket. Lindsey told us we were all "A hot mess". It was a successful night on many levels. And Congrats to the new W's!

On to the next thing. I've enjoyed a day in the sun and was able to ignore the fact that I dread wearing swim suits and actually established a minor tan (I do not tan well-- but I did buy a new suit for the season!). I biked to the farm and back..in a monsoon. (26 miles) I rollerbladed the peninsula (13miles) And the highlight of vacation so far...I bought and watched the Classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Ohhhh summer is here!

Bad news tho...I was supposed to go visit my friend who is in jail but I just couldn't. I am so terribly anxious about having to go. I know it wouldn't even be that bad but I just can't get up the courage to do it. Ughhh.....I can only go on Sundays so maybe ill really honestly try for this week? Im sorry for not visiting and I know he was disappointed that I didnt go....

No comments:

Post a Comment