Sunday, February 21, 2010

High On Nostalgia


Planning this weekend trip to visit Sam was far too easy this time. Usually we have to wade through the "how about this weekend?..nooo im busy" for a few rounds before settling on a mutually acceptable weekend. This time it was one step and bam, weekend planned.

I drove down Friday after work and got in around 7. I hadnt seen Sam since her bday when I visited her which would have been end of November. We got ready and went to the bar with two of her friends and their significant others. I sang karaoke (not well..but check that off my bucket list. Next step- singing it ALONE yikes!) and drank a shit ton of beer which was followed by nagging this girl mercilessly to teach me the steps to a dance she was doing. Minor success. We had such a good time!! Sat we spent the day in bed relaxing and watching movies and talking about anything and everything. It was so refreshing to be in good company and just talk. We watched the SAS video which I have never seen the full way through and reminisced about the trip. Oh and I finally caught one of Whitneys calls from abroad. She is my crazy travel friend who is in a different corner of the world every few weeks lol. She has been in Argentina for a month and is now in South Africa. Every time she calls I miss it and I don't have a way to call her back so I was thrilled that I finally was able to talk to her! She is living the life and I sure am envious! Sat we did dinner and then bar. Sunday was more chatting and family dinner. Her mom made this ridiculous thanksgiving feast which was beyond delicious. The whole weekend was just fantastically fulfilling and refreshing. One of my top trips to WashPA thus far :)

We talked a lot about where we have been and where we are headed, relationships, happiness....deep life things that I dont often have the opportunity to talk about with other friends. She is my favorite person to talk to about such topics and it does the heart good to reunite with her every couple months. I feel blessed to have a friend that fuels my spirit like she does. Thank you Sam :)

Also a highlight...I discovered a new fav song...Third Eye Blind-The Background

I also got inspired by Sams amazingness in life right now (book+ social experiments+ consulting firm=amazingness) and have been re-energized to start some new little projects in life...I'll keep you posted on the results :)

My soul has been nourished!

No comments:

Post a Comment