Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wanted: Wedding Date

So unexpectedly I was invited to an old high school friends wedding. Its the first weekend in June and I am excited that I was invited. However... most of my high school friends will NOT be in town for it. If I go, I need a date because I won't know many people at the wedding and blah blah, whatever, I need a date. The options that I have will def not work...the person I wanted to take has a thing with an ex that he is in the process of getting over and is "not ready for a relationship". Thank god because I am not looking for one...nor will i be anytime in the near future. SO, take him right? Wrong. Ex and he broke up a couple months ago over the phone via different states and havent seen each other since. So when we hang out its sorta on the down low which I am totally ok with (I know, very UNtypical girl of me but I am proud of it!) but his ex is coming home the weekend before the wedding and if hes messed up from it or god forbid, dating her again taking him to a wedding the next weekend is totally out of the question haha. I could go with another friend who is dateless as well but again, I dont know if any of them are going! The one I DO know is going used to date the girl I will prob be seated with so thats a big no no I think.

Is it totally dopey to show up at a wedding dateless or in the grand scheme of things does it really not matter? Is it better to go alone or bring a rando and hope they are mildly entertaining? I cannot decide. I like the idea of going with another single friend and therefore only having to be responsible for entertaining myself... I guess I should start recruiting as the wedding is a month away..

No comments:

Post a Comment