Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Broken Back Beds

Antigua is cool so far but I CANNOT figure out the map of this place. Every street looks the same, half the intersections are not labeled...its impossible. Im definitely struggling. Where is my map girl Sam Veltri when I need her!? Now I HAVE to learn maps...ugh.

Last night we stayed in a hostel called Kafka that two americans on our shuttle here recommended. Its great but the beds, were brutal. I went to bed at like 8pm because I had been up traveling for 24plus hours and was beat. Well first I took a cold shower in a stall the size of a broom closet, in a midgets house. Then I went to bed. I woke up probably every 15 minutes because the bed was SO hard. My neck and back and everything in between have been splitting all day long. Unbelievable. So I popped some advil and we switched hostels.


Now were at Jungle Party which is only 8dollars a night! And they have a dog that looks like Sophies great grandma. The guy at the desk offered us $1 vodka and rum when we signed in so this is going to be interesting. We will only stay there one night because tomorrow we get up and start our 1 on 1 spanish classes at 8am. We signed up for a week of spanish and a homestay through Maximo Nivel. So far so good. I mean, we get free internet! Tomorrow we will meet the family...lets hope they have a hot son in his 20's.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a Jungle Party and 1 dollar vodka! Miss you already..

    ReplyDelete