Thursday, September 2, 2010

I wanna be a husky!




Last September I was in Seattle, WA walking 60 miles in 3 days as part of the SUSAN G KOMEN The 3 Day in efforts to raise money for breast cancer initiatives. I stayed for a week or so and my friend James and his girlfriend Amanda gave me a tour of the city. I loved the place. It was a perfect mixture of what I grew up loving-- Lake Erie and everything that comes with living near a body of water, and everything I craved-- living near mountains! It was absolutely beautiful. I fell in love on the flight in. So when I left, I started looking for jobs in Seattle. I think the problem was with every interview when they asked "When did you move out here?" I would say "As soon as I have a job I am on my way." which immediately makes employers prefer a person who is already living there. So after living in Erie for awhile longer I decided that maybe graduate school was a smart option for me. So of course, I looked at Seattle.

I had visited the campus of UW when I was in Seattle and it is so nice. So the last 6+ months I have been diligently working on my grad school application. I know its incredibly risky to apply to only one school, you know something like putting all my eggs in one basket. But if I go to grad school at this junction in my life, I only want to go to University of Washington. So after a ton of hard work, my essay is done, Ive paid my application fee and its officially submitted. Now all I have to do is wait until April to see if I get in.

Keep your fingers crossed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment