Sunday, September 26, 2010

poo pile

The family that we are staying with is hillarious. It is the mom Maricela and her husband Alnoldo and their 3 children, one of whoms husband and baby Alejandro live there as well. They are loud and there are always extra people around...sounds just like the Fischer house. Then they have a dog, Mia who is the sweetest little thing. Im missing my Sophie so it was so nice the first day to play with the dog. All was well and good the first day we arrived and we went to bed happy.

The next morning I wake up at about 6, yes believe it, and go to the bathroom. Well I open my door and see the dog beat me too it. There is a huge pile of poop literally in the threshold of my doorway. Im horrified and have no clue how to tell this family that their dog did this! If that ever happened at home with Sophie my family would be mortified. So I scramble to the bathroom and back to my room to get ready for school. Before I get the chance to tell them, its gone. Vanished.

The upper story of the house, which we are staying on, is also the floor that 2 of the other family members live on so I assumed someone saw it and got to cleaning.

The next morning, it happens again. Only this time, its two huge piles and a puddle of pee! Again, it vanishes before breakfast.

The third morning, repeat. Only that night it also happened. So I told the dad in broken spanish ¨dog use floor as bathroom... to which he replies you need bathroom? I say no no dog bathroom. He says oh oh! ill clean it up! As if its no big deal...

So being thoroughly confused and equally as disgusted by this I ask my teacher the next day what is happening here. She proceeds to explain that its not like in America here where you put your dog on a leash and take it for a walk to go to the bathroom. Most people here have what they call terraces, pretty much an eclosed patio that the dogs use like ours use the grass. Im dumbfounded.

So the poo piles shall continue. What a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment