Thursday, October 21, 2010

Beans, eggs, rice, repeat

It turns out the staple in all of Central America is eggs, rice, beans all in some form with a tortilla. I am loving these refriend beans and that will be a staple in my diet when I get home so I was thoroughly excited to find the newest version of the egg, cheese, beans, tortilla mixture in Honduras known as the Baleada. Essentially a hot tortilla with all these ingredients plus creme all melted in the middle. Delicious. I was not as pleased to get up this morning in Nicaragua to find eggs, yum, and a bean and rice mixture on my plate. Beans and rice in the mornings? Only in Central America...

1 comment:

  1. You know all the refried beans are made with lard, right? That's what that white "thickening agent" is. Tasty nonetheless. Keep up the blog, "12 hearts" cracked me up.

    James

    ReplyDelete