Thursday, October 28, 2010

not everything in costa rica is traumatic

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1441327642262&ref=mf


While rafting sent me into a panic, right after we got to do some of the coolest shit ever. We went canyoneering which I have never done. We started on this hanging bridge with an open part in the middle which you just stand over and then while attached to a rope, plummet straight down into the waterfall below. There were 4 of us 2 girls and 2 boys and wouldn´t you know it, the boys refused to go first and I knew Whitney wouldnt so I did. I imagine this is how badasses feel when rapelling out of some airplane and I loved every second of it! Then we did some spiderman rapelling down some waterfalls which was so much fun! The link above is the video the tour agency made of our trip...check it out.

Then we did a Tarzan Swing. Its a platform that you stand on, get harnessed in the then the guide pulls you back and swings you forward...suspended from a single wire and swinging above a canyon...its insane! Again, I had to go first which I am starting to like. You could lay back and stick your feet in the air...all while swinging over this canyon! Theres no evidence of this on the video but here is video of some strange girl doing it so you get the idea of just exactly how cool this is. http://www.travelpod.com/travel-photo/andersontravel/anderson_travel/1190066220/tarzan-swingxxxso-funx.avi/tpod.html

No comments:

Post a Comment