Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lunch Menu< food poisoning

Yesterday I spent the better portion of my day with the porcelin goddess thanks to a lovely batch of food bourne illness that I contracted god knows how. So today when the family asked if id like to climb the mountain and cut down coffee beans with them, I could not have been any more unenthusiastic about it. Instead I spent the day in my bathing suit sunning myself of the rooftop terrace and feeling like i was wearing far too little clothing to be appropriate for Guatemalan society. It was fabulous.

Rosa, my host mom, around say 9am, told me that she would leave lunch on the table for me and whenever I was hungry I could eat. With a still queasy stomach I made my way downstairs to find a plate of food set out. Cucumbers, avacados and tortillas which I was excited about...and some slab of cold meat that looked like it was taken off the head of a pig. Now on a normal day when I am healthy, I would be leery about consuming cold pig meat that had been sitting out for 3 plus hours....but after having a days worth of bodily functions gone awry, the last thing I was putting in my mouth was that meat! Bleh!

No comments:

Post a Comment