Saturday, January 22, 2011

True Life: I draw portraits

There is a really cool street here in Antigua where it is common on the weekends for artists to set up and try to sell jewelry or paintings or something. Frequently they are foreigners trying to make a little cash...

Today I went in search of a bookstore and instead found the most hysterical thing ever. These are the moments in traveling where it sucks being alone because laughing out loud like a crazy is totally inappropriate...however much you may like to.

There is a man with his "art" set up. He has a cardboard sign and hand written it says "PORTRAITS" and has a small example of his work. I love a good portrait and I love seeing artwork so I got excited. But I was severely confused when what I saw was a "portrait" drawn in pen of what appeared to be Emily Rose before her exorcism in the style of this fantastic artist whose work is displayed below...





The only thing that could have made this better is if it had been drawn on looseleaf. Tell me you would have a hard time not laughing at that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment